Characteristics, Advantages and Disadvantages of Die Cast Aluminum Alloys
1) Cold die-casting machine is generally used for high melting point aluminium alloy die-casting.
2) Aluminum alloy has low density and can be used for large and complex die casting.
3) Eccentric Casting of Aluminum Die Castings
4) Slightly Thicker Aluminum Alloy Die Casting Door
5) Aluminum die-casting dies are generally oily (and water-based)
1. Aluminum alloy has good thermal conductivity, electrical conductivity and cutting performance.
2. Aluminum alloy has small linear shrinkage and good filling performance.
3. Aluminum alloy has low density and high strength. The ratio of tensile strength to density is 9-15. It can also maintain good mechanical properties when working at high or low temperatures.
4. Aluminum alloy has good corrosion resistance and oxidation resistance. Most of them have good corrosion resistance in fresh water, seawater, concentrated nitric acid, nitric acid, gasoline and various organic compounds.
Low hardness and poor wear resistance.
2. The volume shrinkage is about 6.6% during solidification.
3. High linear expansion coefficient
4. The modulus of elasticity is only 1/3 of that of steel.
5. Low melting point limits the use of high temperature.
How to Control Die Casting Machine in Die Casting Enterprises
Effect of Temperature on Die Casting Forming
Die temperature is the most important variable in die casting.
The hot die surface causes the material to form pressure in the cavity. If the cavity is filled and the pressure of the cavity is pressed on the metal before the freezing surface hardens, the replication rate of the cavity surface is very high. On the other hand, if the material entering the cavity is suspended under low pressure, no matter how short the time is, slight contact with the metal will cause stains, sometimes referred to as door stains.
The higher the die temperature, the smaller the flow resistance.
In many die casters, this naturally means faster flow through the gate and cavity, because the flow control valve used cannot correct this change, and faster filling will lead to higher effective pressure in the gate and cavity. It may lead to overflow edges.
Aluminum alloy die casting refers to pure aluminium or aluminium alloy equipment and components obtained by casting process. Aluminum or aluminium alloy parts of various shapes and sizes are generally referred to as aluminium die castings. However, aluminum alloy die casting can produce different kinds and effects.
Aluminum alloy die castings have high mechanical properties after natural aging treatment. When the mass fraction of zinc is more than 10%, the strength is improved significantly. The defects of the alloy are poor corrosion resistance, high stress corrosion tendency and easy hot cracking of die castings.
Aluminum alloys in the crystallization temperature range have the characteristics of high latent heat of solidification, high specific heat capacity and low linear shrinkage coefficient of silicon phase. Therefore, their casting properties are generally better than other aluminium alloys, filling properties are better, and the trend of hot crack shrinkage is smaller.